Save Time with Backdrop
Backdrop boosts your efficiency while keeping you in control. It may even eliminate the need for seasonal staff and late nights during your peak season.
These are just a few examples of how Backdrop saves you time and money.
Working with clients in Backdrop is a breeze.
- Import clients from CSV files (spreadsheet) or MDB files (Access databases, PhotoLynx files).
- Re-import anytime to do a bulk update. For example, import an MDB file from PhotoLynx after each day of shooting.
- Run lists, such as "Not photographed" or "Photographed, no order placed" to determine which students to follow up with, even shoot off a quick email to them.
- You can export any list in CSV format to send to someone else or to work with your data in your favorite spreadsheet or database application.
- Powerful, yet easy-to-use client merge feature cleans up your duplicate records in seconds.
Our drag & drop order system is intuitive and easy to use.
- If you operate in multiple counties, you can say goodbye to sales tax headaches. Sales tax rates are determined automatically based on ZIP code.
Backdrop's Client Gateway allows your clients to do a lot of your work for you. This sounds like it could get out of hand quickly, but not to worry — you retain total control over all of it.
With the Client Gateway, you can:
- Allow clients to schedule and cancel appointments (you set up allowed times for each group/school)
- Allow clients (from selected groups/schools) to view their proofs, designate which ones they like best, and select a yearbook pose
- Allow clients to place orders online (you decide which products & packages to make available to each group/school)
IT Infrastructure & Maintenance
Backdrop is a hosted web application, also known as software-as-a-service (SaaS), meaning you access it through a web browser. All of the expensive and time-consuming IT infrastructure management is handled by us. We take care of everything so you can focus on your business.
- Backdrop has none of the hassles of regular boxed software: there's nothing to install; no per-user, per-CPU licenses to buy; no silly hardware keys to lose.
- Expensive, yearly software upgrades? Not with Backdrop. Not only are upgrades free of charge for all customers, those upgrades don't come only once a year or once per quarter, they are released as often as once a week (on Sunday evenings).
- Hardware requirements are simple, any computer purchased in the past 4 years should be fine. You don't have to buy and maintain expensive servers, network equipment, UPSes, tape libraries or any of that.